Publishing Opportunities with CrossBooks: More Options for More Authors
We took the best of traditional publishing from B&H Publishing Group and LifeWay and combined it with the best of self-publishing to break down the barriers typically associated with traditional publishing and utilize the latest in publishing and printing technologies. As pioneers in the fusion of the traditional and self-publishing models, there are new opportunities for Christian writers to consider with CrossBooks. Whether your goals are to market your book on a national scale or to print a small number of workbooks for a Bible study, our professionals will find a solution for you. Our new publishing style can provide CrossBooks authors the following competitive advantages:
- Association with LifeWay Christian Resources. Rest assured that CrossBooks is a trusted Christian publishing company in both writing and message.
- Exposure of your title to traditional publisher B&H Publishing Group. Representatives from B&H Publishing Group, LifeWay's trade publishing division, search CrossBooks titles for the next emerging author to sign with the traditional brand.
- Theological Review ensures a sound Christian message. Each manuscript submitted to CrossBooks undergoes a Theological Review to ensure the material is theologically sound and adheres to the Crossbooks Statement of Faith. "CrossBooks is a company owned by LifeWay Christian Resources and is therefore linked to believers who hold a high view of the Scriptures,” explains Dr. Drake, the director of corporate relations for LifeWay Christian Resources. “Throughout the eras since Jesus walked the roads of the Holy Land, believers have sought to remain faithful to their theological traditions by forming statements of faith.
- Volume Discounts for Authors. Order 100 or more copies of your book to receive substantial volume discounts.
- Available to Christian book buyers. While we do not guarantee that your book will be stocked or sold in any retail store, we make all CrossBooks titles available for order and stocking by Internet retailers and in Christian bookstores around the country.
- Retain ownership of your book content. After publishing your book with CrossBooks, you continue to own the copyright to your material giving you ultimate control over your book’s content.
- Ability to share your story, enrich your ministry and help others. Our partnership-publishing solution allows you the freedom and opportunity to publish your book on your terms and schedule.
CrossBooks Is Not Just Another Self-Publishing Company
While we do require our authors to invest financially to publish with Crossbooks, there are significant differences that distinguish us from a self-publisher, with the major difference being that we do not publish every manuscript submitted. We do regret turning authors away, but since CrossBooks is an imprint of B&H Publishing Group, the trade publishing division of LifeWay Christian Resources, we are committed to maintaining an established standard that meets both literary expertise and Christian values. Therefore, there are a few guidelines to which our authors' books must adhere:
- Each manuscript must undergo a Theological Review to ensure the material is not in conflict with our Statement of Faith.
- Titles are priced competitively with those books produced by traditional publishers, because CrossBooks guides the author to select a proper retail price.
In addition to the moral and writing standards that our experienced staff enforce, the professional services we provide to our published writers and our thriving Christian community, our mission is to help our authors spread God's messages as well as achieve their own personal goals of success time and time again.
Who should consider CrossBooks?
What authors are saying:
"I have already recommended CrossBooks to a friend at church who is writing a devotional book "
— Rob Phillips, author of The Kingdom According to Jesus
"Everyone at CrossBooks made the publishing process a wonderful experience. I cannot express my gratitude enough for all that you have done to make my first book possible."
— Mark Weilnau, author of The Long Embrace
Read more testimonials »