How to Publish a Book with CrossBooks
Publishing a book can seem like an overwhelming task. With all of the details involved in finding a publisher and publishing a book — from design to distribution to marketing – it's tough to know where to start.
With CrossBooks, an imprint of B&H Publishing Group, the trade publishing division of LifeWay Christian Resources, there's no need for you to learn every detail of the publishing industry. We're committed to helping you through each step of your publishing journey, working with you to publish a book you will be proud of for years to come. Here's how to publish a book with CrossBooks in five simple steps:
- Step 1: Define your publishing goals. Before you do anything else, you must decide the end goal for your book. Do you want to publish something to share with just family and friends? Or do you want to share your book with a larger audience? Determining the goals you have for your book before you even start will guide you through the rest of the process. Sign up for a free publishing consultation today.
- Step 2: Choose a publishing package. Based on the goals for your book, select a publishing package that is right for you. The 12 versatile packages are designed to give you various services and tools no matter the size of your budget. Throughout the selection process, our Publishing Consultants will work with you to ensure that you select the right package to reach your unique goals.
- Step 3: Submit your manuscript. When you publish with CrossBooks, you and your manuscript are in good hands each step of the way. We employ an online system for uploading your manuscript, images and other materials to make the process smoother. Or, you can hire our data entry specialists to convert your hardcopy manuscript into electronic form. Within days of submitting your finished manuscript, you will receive an e-mail introducing you to your design team.
- Step 4: Stay in control. One of the best things about publishing with CrossBooks is that you are in control the whole time. CrossBooks does not buy the rights to your book when you publish with us so you are free to pursue other options along the way. Our designers are committed to capturing your vision for your book. After all the design elements are put together on your book, you will receive a final copy for your approval. After all, this is your book and we believe you should stay in control of it.
- Step 5: Publish and market your book. After you have completed all these steps you will become a published author. Your book will be available to more than 25,000 retailers worldwide, including Barnes and Noble, and Amazon.com. If you have goals of commercial success for your book, the CrossBooks marketing team is eager to assist you. Choose from any variety of our traditional marketing tools, such as press releases and promotional materials, and contemporary marketing tools, such as e-mail and social media campaigns.
By following these five easy steps you’ll quickly realize that publishing a book does not need to be an overwhelming, daunting task. In fact, you’ll find your CrossBooks publishing experience to be a smooth and easy one thanks to our extensive experience in the publishing industry. Ready to start your publishing journey? Sign up for a free publishing consultation and start publishing the book you've always envisioned with CrossBooks.
Back to Articles | Back to Top