Note: The Classic Cover Design is already included in every package. This page is designed to give you more information about the service and why it is important for your book.
An original, eye-catching design is key to capture the attention of your target audience. With the Classic Cover Design, one of our expert graphic artists will design a powerful cover for your book guided by your ideas. Your designer can use photographs and abstract designs from our endless supply of stock images, or you can supply your own photos or artwork for the front of your cover. The Classic Cover Design also includes the back cover design for your book. You are responsible for writing the text for the back cover of the book, but your publishing consultant will work with you to make sure your back cover is free of errors and flows with the rest of your book. Consider including a short synopsis of your book, an author bio, an author photo and any recommendations your book may have received. Remember, the front and back cover of your book is the first thing interested readers will notice when they pick up your book.
To ensure that any cover images you submit to us come out clear and crisp on your cover, please follow these requirements:
- Submitted separately from your manuscript as a TIFF (.tif) file format
- CMYK colorspace 300-dpi resolution
- Match the dimension of the final trim size, plus an 1/8” bleed on the top, right and bottom side. (i.e., a cover image for a 6” x 9” book would need to be submitted at 6.125” x 9.25”)
- Written copyright permission from the creator (artist, photographer, etc.) to use the work on your book cover.
- Exception to the requirements: sample graphics and other illustrations that will only be used as ideas or guidelines for the design team can be submitted in any format.
Read our FAQ for more information about how to properly submit your images.
You may also include the following items with your submission for inclusion on the back book cover. All of these items are optional:
- Author bio (no more than 50 words)
- Marketing copy about your book (no more than 200 words
- One to four published reviews (no more than 50 words each, including the credit line)
- A photo of the author. If a photo is submitted it must meet the following requirements:
- TIFF (.tif) or JPEG (.jpg) format
- CMYK colorspace
- 300-dpi resolution
- 600 x 600 pixels (if JPEG)
- 2” x 2” printed size
One round of corrections or adjustments to your cover is allowed after receiving the first proof copy. The first round of corrections is free of charge, but any subsequent changes will result in a corrections fee.